I come across many people in my day job who are literally just starting out on the gluten free diet and are rushing to the store to get food that they can eat. It’s a bit like a panic and often it only gets worse as the foods at the grocery aren’t the best and it can be downright depressing at the options if your first taste of ‘gluten free’ food is a stale cardboard cutout of food. Starting out with gluten free cooking isn’t easy nor is it intuitive. I’m not going to try and claim it is. But with a little luck and some research it is manageable. Now see, here’s where I come in. I’m going to supply the luck and give you the information I find. Some of it is my own findings, some of it is from other bloggers or websites that I find have really good information. So each week, look for the GF101 tag and that’ll show you the information I’ve found for that week. But then it’s also going to be posted here in case you miss it. But first, information that I think is a great place to start.
- Save Money on GF foods at VitaCost < They give you $10 credit for new signups
- Find me Gluten Free < An interactive app for your phone to find gluten free food no matter where you are. Also Deals at Find Me Gluten Free
- Gluten Free Gigi < Let’s you know the science behind everything and why it makes you feel bad
Gluten Freely Frugal < Good deals on Gluten Free Stuff since it can be rather pricey
Linda at the Gluten Free Homemaker has a whole world of good pages about living Gluten free and she was honestly what got me through those first few horrible months.
- Gluten Free Ingredients <That you don’t always think about (WIP)
- Celiac.com < A good basic start
- Celiac Central < Another good beginning and with a forum to talk to others with similar issues.
- Gluten Free Flours < This is not comprehensive and these are the weights of the flours I’ve used so far. If it’s not on here, it’s because I haven’t used it. This will be updated as I experiment more.
This section will be all about Coupons or discount codes to things I think you will enjoy. I’ll include codes and links as well as a link to the review itself to help you out. Or if I haven’t reviewed it, I’ll post it if I think you’ll like it anyways. *grin* Click away!